BOAT ID: 3081740
Length: 97 ft.
Located In: London, United Kingdom
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Current Price: $2,000,000
Name: Sparkman & Stephens Brokerage
Phone: (203) 687-4700
PERSISTENCE is a 97′ ketch designed by the renowned Greenwich based Sparkman &
Stephens naval architects and built at the CIM Shipyard in Rochefort, France. Fully refitted over
the last few years, no expense has been spared, hence the vessel’s new sails, generator, a new
teak deck and high quality interiors. She is a classic example of fine modern craftsmanship
combined with luxurious air conditioned comfort for up to eight guests.
Crew Cabins 4
LOA-Hull: 97 ft.
LOA-Total: 97 ft.
Beam: 20.5 ft.
Length on Deck: 97 ft.
Maximum Draft: 9.2 ft.
Year Built: 1993
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 300
Fresh Water Tanks: gallons
Fuel Tanks: gallons
Holding Tanks: gallons
The timeless elegance of the plush interior is created by contrast of light-coloured leather
blended with cherry, vavona woods and gilded bronze fittings. A hand crafted inlaid dining table
is framed by a full width salon and bar. There is a navigation corner with a chart table.
Accommodation on board offers four double staterooms with ensuite facilities. All four
staterooms are equipped with double beds and the aft staterooms can be combined and used as
a single large cabin for more comfort and extra privacy. The beds in the two front cabins can be
converted into two single beds.
The crew quarter situated forward allows for complete privacy. It includes 4 single cabins, a
shower room and a crew mess.
• 300 hp Caterpillar V8 3208T Diesel turbo engine
• Twin Disc MG 507 A gear box (ratio 1/2.99)
• Aquadrive-Scatra transmission
• 60mm dia stainless steel propeller shaft
• Ercem stern tube seal (revolving seal water cooled)
• Max-Prop 3-blade propeller
• 25 hp Richfield bow-thruster
• Kerdranvat hydraulic tiller
• Racor separator
• HEM reverse osmosis watermaker (4,500 l/d)
• Frigit reverse cycle air conditioning (72,000 BTU cooling – 86,400 BTU heating
Hood ventilation system
Electronics, Navigation, and Entertainment
• Satellite telephone and fax
• 2 x GSM telephone lines and fax
• Brookes & Gatehouse Hydra 330 navigation central unit with repeaters
• Brookes & Gatehouse Super Halcyon 3 electronic compass with repeater
• Philips AP MK6 satellite receiver
• Furuno FCR 1040 48 nm colour radar with bar antenna
• Robertson AP45 autopilot
• Furuno Fax 208A weatherfax
• Standard GMDSS receiver-transmitter VHF’s
• Furuno Pocket 55 portable VHF’s
• Sailor R501 distress unit
• Kannad 406 PH EPIRB
• Furuno FS 1550 B.L.U.
• Thrane & Thrane Inmarsat standard C Satcom with printer
• 2 x GPS colour chart plotters (deck and chart table)
Home theatre system with subwoofer
• Plasma screen multi-standard TV
• Multi-standard VCR
• Multi-standard DVD player
• HI-FI equipment in each cabin
Deck, Rigging, and Sails
An uncluttered deck arrangement and cushioned aft cockpit and foredeck leave plenty of room
for relaxing, sunbathing and dining on deck in total comfort.
A hydraulically lift aft operates a sizeable platform, which descend from deck level to well below
the water line.
• Sparcraft aluminium masts
• Sparcraft aluminium alloy booms
• Sarma/Riggarna rigging
• Reckman hydraulic yankee, staysail and mainsail furlers
• Navtec V1 System halyards
• North sails: Dacron mainsail, Dacron yankee, Dacron staysail, Dacron spanker,
• new teak deck
• hull and cockpit repainted
• main generator replaced
• chain and anchor replaced
• new sails
• new color FURONO radar
• new chart plotter
• new VHF
• new satellite standard c
• complete engine overhaul
• new major battery blocks
• refurbishment of interior: new carpet, wood works varnished
• overhaul of water pumps
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.