BOAT ID: 4131152
Length: 52.92 ft.
Located In: San Francisco, CA
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Current Price: $1,300,000
Name: Sparkman & Stephens Brokerage
Phone: (203) 687-4700
Morris Yachts M-Series M52 is a beautiful and logical evolution of the impressive success of
her smaller sister-ships, the M36 Daysailer and the M42 Weekender. The M52 adheres
faithfully to the fundamental philosophy laid down for the M-series: classic beauty,
extraordinary ease of handling (including electric winches, electric furling, and bow thruster),
and emphasis on the fundamentals of comfortable sailing. Her greater length and volume allow
her to provide an even larger cockpit for daysailing – an M Series trademark – yet offer spacious
and comfortable accommodations for cruising, and still give great performance (with a proven
mixed fleet racing record culminating in her class win at the 2016 Rolex Big Boat series in San
Francisco). AUDACITY is for sale from her original owner who has professionally maintained her
in like new condition. Set up to be equally capable of racing with a full crew and enhanced sail
inventory, cruised with family or friends or single-handed daysailing, AUDACITY is both Northern
California PHRF and fully ORR rated for inshore, offshore or coastal racing. She is an
extremely versatile yacht and will make her new owner proud wherever she goes.
Double Berths 2
Single Berths 3
LOA-Hull: 52.92 ft.
LOA-Total: 52.92 ft.
Beam: 14 ft.
Length on Deck: 52.92 ft.
Maximum Draft: 6.67 ft.
Year Built: 2012
Engine Model: 4JH4-TCE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Sail Drive
Engine Power: 75
Fresh Water Tanks: 100 gallons
Fuel Tanks: 80 gallons
Holding Tanks: 40 gallons
Hull & Deck
• Vacuum infused composite hull with Vinylester resin and Balsa core.
• Composite longitudinal stringers and transverse keel floors.
• Hull: Awlgrip “Flag Blue”
• Boot stripe: Awlgrip “Cream”
• Cove stripe: Awlgrip “Pale Gold”
• Sparkman & Stevens designed high aspect, shallow draft keel with external lead keel
• Custom recessed port and starboard running lights recessed in bow
• Vacuum infused composite deck and superstructure with Vinylester resin and Core-
• High density core replaces the standard core in areas of deck hardware and through
• Deck: gelcoat Oyster White where exposed.
• Quarter sawn teak decking on cockpit sole, cockpit seats, side decks and cabin top
• Varnished teak toe rail, coaming cap, eyebrow trim, and dorade boxes.
• Varnished teak seahood.
• Butterfly hatch above main salon clad with varnished teak cladding.
• Custom cast stainless steel bow, midship and stern chocks that integrate beautifully
with the teak toe rail.
• Herreshoff style stainless steel bow, stern and midship cleats
• Stainless steel 4” cowl vents mounted on varnished teak dorade boxes with stainless
steel dorade guards. Cowls are removable with stainless caps for transport
• Nine stainless steel foredeck and cabin top hatches.
• Four large frameless fixed portlights on each side of cabin
• Flush hatches on foredeck for recessed anchor locker on port and forepeak access on
• Large forepeak with storage for boarding ladder, emergency tiller lines and fenders
and anchor rode
• Recessed anchor locker with storage for swing out anchor bracket, electric windlass
and fresh and raw water washdown spigots.
• Custom removable lifelines, including bow pulpit, stern pulpit and stanchions with
• Propane locker aft of cockpit with flush hatch
As perfected on the smaller M-Series boats all sheets and control lines are led below deck to
rope clutches and electric winches located in the cockpit within easy reach of the helmsperson.
These features allow for comfortable and convenient access to all sail controls for the
helmsperson with lots of cockpit room for family and guests. The seats are nearly seven feet in
length and will comfortably seat six adults for dining around the custom removable varnished
drop leaf table (like the dining table in the main salon) or provide just the place for a nap after lunch. Hatches on two cockpit seats provide access to below-decks storage. The port cockpit
hatch has a built in storage tray above the aft
• Custom molded fiberglass steering pedestal with Sunbrella cover.
• Varnished teak steering wheel.
• Teak foot block for helmsman on centerline aft of the pedestal.
• Stainless steel foot switches for controlling opposing winches on each side of helm
for easy trimming by helmsman. Additional switches installed on coaming forward of
winches to allow guests or crew control of winches while racing.
• Varnished teak cockpit table incorporates a removable locker for drinks and storage
area for binoculars and sunscreen. The table features custom recessed bases
making the table easily removable for additional room in cockpit when racing.
• Teak clad foot rest below cockpit table with laser etched covers for table bases.
• Two SS cup holders in cockpit winch pods with drains.
• Saloon style removable varnished teak companionway doors with storage bag in sail
• Dodger with stainless steel bows and elkhide covers on aft and side grab rails.
• Aft edge and top of dodger coaming clad in teak veneer and finished with gloss
• Cockpit cushions.
• Cockpit light on underside of boom with dimmer control.
• Cockpit shower with hot and cold water.
• Cockpit awning
A spacious interior with full standing headroom is finished in classic Herreshoff style with
antique white bulkheads, solid cherry joinery finished in gloss varnish, satin varnished teak and
pearwood cabin sole, and traditional wood sheathing overhead painted white to match the
• The cabin sides are varnished Cherry veneer.
• Upgraded passageway doors with raised panel detailing.
• Raised paneling on forward main cabin bulkhead and along passageway.
• Raised paneling on forward bulkhead in forward cabin.
• Abundant natural light from overhead stainless steel opening hatches and large fixed
portlights along cabin side
• Ocean-Air Skyscreens are fitted to each overhead hatch and finished with cherry
• Pleated curtains for portlight windows
The owner’s stateroom forward features a plush queen size center-line berth. Personal items can be put away easily in storage lockers outboard of the berth to port and starboard, in a full height hanging locker and bureau to starboard, and in a dresser unit to port. The bureau has two drawers and a drop front in the lower portion and a storage locker above. Two large full width drawers are built-in under the berth as well and there are three additional storage lockers under the berth. Since this boat is designed with passage making in mind, every possible space has been set up for storage. Reading lights and outboard shelves are appointed for reading before
bed. An overhead hatch provides excellent ventilation and like all of the cabin top hatches it is fitted with an OceanAir Skyscreen. The Skyscreen will keep the bugs out and allow you to regulate how much sunlight or moonlight you allow in. The stateroom includes its own private head compartment and spacious attached shower stall. The current owner has also added additional 110V outlets and a bulkhead mounted 40″ Ultra HD flat panel television with various display inputs.
The forward head includes a Vacuflush macerating toilet, varnished cherry countertop with a polished SS oval washbasin, hot and cold pressurized water, and overhead hatch for ventilation. The shower enclosure has a molded fiberglass pan with integral sump and drain system, built in teak slat seat, wet locker, and wall mount shower mixer with temperature controlled valve. As in the owner’s stateroom, there is plenty of room for toiletries, towels and other necessities. Optional extra passageway door giving access into the forward head shower from the main salon.
The heart of the interior is the elegant main salon. Friends and family will lounge and dine comfortably in the port side U-shaped dinette with its plush contoured cushions. The center of the dinette pulls out to make a more comfortable berth. The gorgeous cherry drop-leaf table not only accommodates place settings for 6 but also incorporates liquor and silverware storage. An optional removable leaf extends the table to the starboard settee. The modern “butterfly-style” hatch above the dining table and eight large fixed portlights provide abundant natural lighting and ventilation to the living area. Opposite the dinette, the starboard settee provides comfortable seating for two or lounging or sleeping for one. A 35″ Ultra HD flat panel TV allows crew to catch the game while awaiting a rainy Saturday mid-winter start… Audacity is equipped with two air-conditioning units to keep the interior at a comfortable temperature on hot days, while also functioning as heaters for cooler temperatures. A Fischer Panda 6.5KW generator provides power when not at the dock.
The aft end of the starboard settee serves as the seat for the aft-facing navigation station. The navigation desk has built in chart storage and a raised instrument console above with convenient fiddled storage. An optional Raymarine C90 color chart plotter with integrated radar is mounted in the vertical side face, along with a B&G VHF radio and Alpine stereo with Sirius radio capability, disk player and USB port for iPod/phone integration, At the forward end of the main salon on the starboard side you will find a large storage cabinet with a varnished cherry countertop and storage cupboard above. Ample bookshelf space is built in above both the settee and dinette areas, centered between the storage lockers.
Whether cooking a full-course dinner, prepping a picnic, or grilling kebabs for the crew during a distance or pursuit race, the U-shaped galley is comprehensively equipped to do the job comfortably and conveniently. A three-burner Force 10 gimbaled propane stove and oven, 12-VDC Seafrost refrigeration with separate freezer, Corian countertop, polished SS sink and hot and cold pressure water provide the basic tools. Abundant storage is available beneath the sink and four drawers are conveniently stacked between the galley and main salon with storage for silverware, napkins, place mats etc. A drop-front door mounted directly below the stove provides ample space for pots and pans, while and the top accessed area between the stove and
sink provides voluminous storage for long voyages. The large refrigerator and freezer are located aft of the stove, with access via a single top-loading hatch. Three separate lockers above the countertop in the galley provide storage for dry goods, and dedicated dish storage. Additional storage for dry goods is available behind the settee seat backs. The varnished cherry companionway ladder includes a clever and handsome crushed walnut non-slip surface on each tread for safety.
The guest cabin to port features a double quarter berth with a full height hanging locker and dresser forward of the berth. The dresser is built with three drawers, a fiddled countertop, and a single storage locker above. An overhead hatch provides ventilation and a dedicated air conditioning control panel is mounted on the locker to ensure perfect climate control in the cabin.
The guest head is complete with an Vacuflush toilet, varnished cherry countertop with SS washbasin, hot and cold pressurized water; the pullout faucet can be used as a shower. The head compartment has a molded fiberglass floor pan with integral molded non-skid pattern and shower sump, a large outboard storage locker, and an overhead hatch for ventilation. Access to the head is both through the guest cabin for privacy and from the main salon for day-head use. The quarterberth layout allows for an extra dedicated bunk aft of the galley. The ship’s electrical panel is also located here mounted outboard with a Sunbrella case for the salon varnished cherry table leaf.
Electronics, Communication & Navigation
• B&G waterproof VHF Radio w/additional wireless and inductive charging handset
with AIS and DSC
• Raymarine i70 displays for speed, depth and wind mounted in the cockpit with
optional teak seahood mounting board.
• Raymarine i70 full function repeater display mounted in the Nav area down below.
• Raymarine C90W 9” color LCD navigation/chart plotter display mounted at the
pedestal with optional radar (18″ 4kw digital radar antenna).
• Additional Raymarine C90W navigation display at the Nav Station.
• Raymarine X30 Autopilot with P70 control panel mounted on cockpit coaming at the
• Alpine AM/FM Stereo with CD player and 6” speakers in the main cabin.
• Alpine marine cockpit speakers.
• Ritchie 5” pedestal mount compass with polished SS cover.
• Upgraded Lopolight LED stern light.
• Upgraded Lopolight LED tri-color/anchor masthead light.
• Combination steaming light and deck flood light.
• (4) 12 VDC 4D Mastervolt AGM house batteries (640 amp hours).
• (1) Optima engine start battery.
• (1) Optima generator start battery
• Amptech 140 Amp/12 VDC alternator with multi-stage regulator for battery charging.
• BEP 12 VDC / 110 VAC distribution panel.
• 12 VDC Outlets.
• Mastervolt Mass Combi unit with 2000 watt inverter and 100 amp smart charger.
• 110V shore power system with (10) outlets, SS power inlet, and 50ft and 25ft 50A/
125V shore cords and 50A-125v/250V adapter.
• Zinc saver galvanic isolator on AC system ground wire.
• upgraded LED interior lighting.
• Yanmar 4JH4-TCE with SD-50 Saildrive unit
• 4-cylinder, direct-injected, fresh water-cooled, turbo-charged marine diesel engine,
• Flex-O-Fold 20” three blade propeller.
• Yanmar engine mount pan – fiberglass.
• Morris custom instrument panel at the helm, includes Faria gauges with SS bezels,
ignition switch, start button, stop button, audible alarms for cooling water high
temperature, low lube oil pressure, Saildrive water flow sensor and tachometer with
• Single lever throttle located on the pedestal.
• Engine box is fitted with an engineered system of noise reduction insulation
materials including Thinsulate, cork and aluminum perforated panels.
• Yanmar spares kit and service manual.
• Racor model #220 spin-on fuel/water separator.
• (2) aluminum fuel tanks (with 80 gallons total capacity) w/SS deck fills.
• Cruz-Pro tank gauge.
• LED engine compartment lights.
• Fischer Panda 6500 6.5KW generator with remote panel and dedicated start battery
FRESH WATER SYSTEM
• 100-gallon fresh water capacity in two stainless steel tanks.
• (2) SS deck fill valves and caps.
• Shurflo pressure water system pump.
• 11 gallon SS water heater plumbed to engine heat exchanger and 110VAC.
• Whale water system filter.
• Cruz-Pro multi-tank gauge system.
• Spectra Ventura water maker (new 2015) with easy access digital control panel and
pre-filters with diverter valve to sink spigot or to fresh water tanks.
CLIMATE CONTROL SYSTEM:
• (2) Optional Marine Air reverse cycle air conditioners (16,000 BTU unit for main
salon and forward cabin and 6,000 BTU unit for aft sleeping cabin.
• Pre-wired for 12v fans throughout boat
• (2) Vacuflush electric macerating marine toilets.
Morris Yachts M52 – Audacity Page 8 of 19
• (2) 20-gallon aluminum waste holding tanks plumbed to each toilet and seacock for
• Y-valves on head discharge for overboard (when sailing offshore) or into waste tanks.
• (2) Snake River external tank level monitors.
• Whale Gulper 220 12VDC diaphragm bilge pump with removable strainer.
• Whale Gusher 10 manual bilge pump located near the helm in cockpit
STEERING AND RUDDER:
• Whitlock Torque Tube steering system with integrated autopilot drive unit and 48”
teak rim wheel.
• Carbon fiber/epoxy rudder with carbon fiber rudderpost.
• Upgraded rudder post tunnel and top bearing with two Jeffa self-aligning rudder
bearings and adjustable gaiter seal.
• Side-Power tunnel style bow thruster, with joystick control at the helm.
• Custom removable bowthruster tunnel caps, faired and flushed for racing to reduce
The M52’s timeless looks are based on the classics, but unlike the classics that need a crew of 10 to sail, this boat can be easily singlehanded, doublehanded or raced with a full crew. In these times when schedules are so difficult to coordinate, Morris has engineered the MSeries’ sail handling for simplicity, reliability, and ease of use. Introduced in 2004, the signature M-Series helm station features the often copied but never perfected by others sail handling systems and helmsman control pod. All sheets and control lines are led below deck to rope clutches and electric winches located in the cockpit within easy reach of the helmsperson. The only lines above deck are the sheets for the asymmetrical cruising spinnaker that are trimmed from electric self-tailing winches outboard of the helm. All of these features allow for comfortable and convenient access to all sail controls for the helmsperson with lots of cockpit room for family and guests. Current equipment also includes a carbon fiber mast, carbon fiber
boom with electric in-boom furling system, electric jib furler, hydraulic system for the vang and backstay, electric anchor windlass and electric primary, secondary and main halyard winches. Yes, it is push button sailing that means getting off the dock or mooring in a jiffy and without a crew. Her generous fractional rig with self-tacking jib makes for a sail plan that is powerful yet remarkably easy to control. A full North racing and cruising sail inventory provides excellent performance in all conditions.
Spars & Rigging
• Carbon fiber mast with fractional rig and swept back spreaders.
• Electric carbon fiber furling boom by Offshore Spars.
• Automatic boom leveling system for furling.
• Self-tacking jib on athwartships curved track.
• Harken electric headsail furling system.
• Second, removable Harken padeye with stand up block for spinnaker tack line
including custom carbon fiber guard to protect cap rail
• Standing rigging is Navtec stainless steel rod.
• Holmatro hydraulic system with control panel, ss backstay and ss vang cylinders.
• SS covers for Navtec shroud turnbuckles.
• Custom internal boom preventer.
• Custom carbon fiber tab for mounting turning blocks to enhance racing performance
• Running rigging upgraded 2015-2016 to Samson Warpspeed II, including second
set of spinnaker sheets
• Deck hardware upgraded 2015-2015 with (2) Harken 5T snatch blocks: (2) Harken
75mm double swivel blocks to run both spinnaker and code zero sheets
simultaneously; (2) Harken 75mm single swivel with becket for code zero sheeting;
(2) Wichard padeyes added to deck for outboard jib lead
• Running rigging is low-stretch New England Rope.
• Halogen spreader lights.
• Lewmar rope clutches on mast and at helm with additional stainless steel
deckmounted Spinlock clutch for spinnaker tackline when racing.
• Custom boom preventers for offshore racing or cruising
• (2) Lewmar 65 CCEST electric self-tailing primary winches.
• (2) Lewmar 50 CCST electric secondary winches with optional teak winch bases.
• (2) Lewmar 48CCST mast mounted halyard winchs.
• Lewmar 10” aluminum Powergrip lock-in winch handles.
• (2) Optional ss covered switches for primary winches on cockpit sole
• Winches inspected and overhauled in August, 2016
• Sail inventory is by North Sails and includes the following sails:
• 3Di furling mainsail (2016)
• 3Di furling jib with (2016)
• Fractional Code 0 with Ronstan furler (2015)
• Racing A4 Asymmetrical spinnaker (2015)
• Racing A3 Asymmetrical spinnaker (2016)
• Spectra SR furling mainsail (2012).
• Spectra SR furling jib with UV protective cover on leach (2012).
• Gennaker G-AP2 with snuffer (2012).
Anchoring & Mooring
• Delta 44 lb anchor w/200’ nylon, 5/8” diameter with 100 feet of 5/16” HT chain.
• Secondary Fortress anchor with chain and rode in storage bag.
• Anchor deployment system w/manually rotating arm and integral anchor roller in
• Lewmar V3 SS windlass with rope/chain gypsy.
• Salt water wash down system with SS spigot located in the anchor locker.
• Fresh water wash down system located in the anchor locker.
• Removable stainless steel bow and stern rails and stanchions with double lifelines
(bow and stern rails added 2016, bases not yet installed).
• Life Jackets, cruising and racing PFD’s and Spinlock offshore harnesses.
• (4) Kidde Mariner 110 portable dry chemical fire extinguishers located in the
• Flare kit.
• Engine compartment “Fire Port”.
• Emergency tiller.
• Folding paddeyes in cockpit (for tethering safety harnesses).
• (2) Jacklines (secure to bow and aft cleats).
• Viking liferaft
• Tool kit.
• Engine spare parts kit.
• Spare bulbs and fuses.
• Various racing rigging
• 2 pairs Steiner binoculars
• (1) Night vision ocular
• Varnished teak 72” flagstaff and US flag with SS socket.
• (4) fenders with fleece covers.
• (6) flat fenders
• Aluminum boat hook with scrub brush and extra aluminum handles.
• Robship threading bowhook
• SS folding Boarding ladder with storage in forepeak
• Canvas sun covers for handrails, dorade boxes, seahood and helm pedestal
• Enormous cockpit sun awning
• Custom Sunbrella boom cover (2014)
• West Marine 10′ inflatable dinghy with Torqueedo electric outboard motor, two spare batteries and solar panel charger
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.