September 26, 2016
Sparkman & Stephens is looking for a Naval Architect or Engineer for full-time employment in our Yacht Design Department in Newport, RI.
Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Naval architecture calculations and associated drawings
- Engineering calculations and associated drawings
- Structural design in various materials, including advanced composites
- Hydrostatics and velocity prediction
- Weight and center estimates
The candidate will have a passion for yachting, be enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously while completing all work on schedule.
Requirements for employment are:
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited institution in the field of Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering
- Proficiency in 2D drafting and 3D modeling; experience specifically with AutoCAD and Rhino will be seen as an advantage
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- High levels of initiative, attention to detail, and professionalism
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to:
Since 1929, Sparkman & Stephens has completed thousands of designs, spanning the range of sailing and motor yachts, racers and cruisers, custom and production yachts, from small dinghies to megayachts. Yachts built to S&S plans dot oceans around the world, serviced by offices in Greenwich, CT and Newport, RI.
- Jobs - Sparkman & Stephens