BOAT ID: 7377364
Length: 65 ft.
Located In: Newport, RI
Hull Material: Aluminum
Current Price: $900,000
Name: Paul Buttrose, Licensed Yacht Broker
Phone: (954) 294-6962
VICTORY ’83 K 22 INTERNATIONAL 12 METRE YACHT AMERICA’S CUP CHALLENGER 1983
Challenger for the Americas Cup in 1983, losing to the breakthrough Australia II 1-4. She was a trial horse for the Italian Challenge in 1987 then won the 12 Metre World Championship in Porto Cervo. In 2008 current owner brought from the Mediterranean and carried out a meticulous refurbishment while leaving her keel and trim tab ‘as designed’. From 2009 to 2019 she has amassed an astonishing number of victories.
The comprehensive historical outline and relevant images are featured on the Victory83 website
LOA-Hull: 45.17 ft.
LOA-Total: 65 ft.
Beam: 11 ft.
Length on Deck: 45.17 ft.
Maximum Draft: 9 ft.
Fresh Water Tanks: gallons
Fuel Tanks: gallons
Holding Tanks: gallons
Electronics and Navigation
Electronics: A 12V Electrical system is fitted to provide for the instrumentation package, bilge pumps and VHF base station.
- Complete Ockam racing instrumentation system.
- On board computer running Expedition
- Custom 5 display mast pod
- Transducers for speed, depth and wind speed
- GPS, Compass
- Plumbing: Electric bilge pump P&S
- Electrical shore power box / battery charger
- Shore power cable
- Garmin cameras
- VHF base station
- VHF handhelds
- Diverse headstay load pin – integrated into the Ockam system
- Primaries (2): Lewmar 105 Racing winches with carbon skirts – Upwind / downwind range selection
- Mainsheet: Lewmar 105 Racing Winch – carbon skirt and self tailing plates. Upwind / downwind range selection. Top action capable
- Running backstays (2) Lewmar 99 Racing winches – flange mounted, carbon skirt and self tailing plates.
- Pit winch: Lewmar Racing 68 – pedestal driven – over drive boxes fitted
- Topper – second halyard – Lewmar 68
- Foreguy: Lewmar Racing 50
- Spinnaker takedown on pit winch
- Pedestals (3) Belt drive carbon fiber pedestals
- Bevel boxes – hi-strength 17-4 drive shafts have been fitted in each bevel box
Hydraulics: Victory’83 has a full Grand Prix Navtec Hydraulic package. Navtec hydraulic rams:
- Jib tack
- Genoa leads(P&S)
- Floating main tack
- Push-pull deck level mast ram.
- Navtec pressurized Reservoir
- Fast take up system for pulling the rig forward downwind.
- Five Big bore pumping stations. Main Island has a super big bore AC pump.
- String Release: A number of functions are fitted with string / button releases
Mast and Rigging Package: Sail Spars Designs triple spreader rig with Navtec rigging.
- Minimum Weight and CG under the 12M Rules.
- Maximum stiffness – the stiffest 12M mast built. Cobalt rod headstay and jumpers. Spreader and jumper tips feature special low windage “cigar” fittings.
- Shrouds rollers to ease the big jibs around
- Carbon boom by Composite Engineering – strop mounted vang system.
- Custom “Square” composite spinnaker pole and spare pole. Deck layout allows the spare pole to be carried onboard below deck.
North Sail inventory includes a new wardrobe built for the 2019 World Championships. The back-up wardrobe includes light and heavy genoas multiple spinnakers and a highly serviceable mainsail.
A full wardrobe of Quantum Sails built in 2019 along with many spares.
Tender and Container
Destiny, a 28′ Protector is included with the program. The tender has been updated with new WING tubes. She was repowered with twin Yamaha 200HP Four-stroke engines. She has an updated electronics package including a Garmin Chart-plotter, Radar and AIS. She has been stored inside each off season and the engines have received all recommended service at the Yamaha Dealer.
Container: The Package includes a 40′ shipping container that has been outfitted to support the operations of the program. There is ample storage for the sails, rigging, spares and gear.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.